Monday, June 16, 2008

The good life in Cannes

I had a magnificent Marmite de Pecheur, fish stew, which I thought was Bouillabaise, but apparently in this restaurant if you want B. you need to order it 24 hours in advance. (!)
My fish stew was loaded with the most tender, fresh mussels, delicious fresh fish, French crawfish a delicate pink and huge jumbo shrimp, heads and all. It came with a rouille so good you could eat it by the spoonful, chunks of toasted bread and raw garlic. 
This and a glass of white wine.  Doesn't take that much to make me happy.
Then sipping free Champagne courtesy of Canadian Gary until 3 am last night.
Ah, the good life.
Pictures coming when I'm good and ready.
Alors, a la plage!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:53 PM

    you are making me sad to miss it.

    i love what you wrote about the italian train.

    have fun Mam!!!!

    ReplyDelete