Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Do it, Mike!

Mayor Bloomberg wants to charge a congestion fee of $8 to cars that come into Manhattan from 6 am to 6 pm on weekdays. I say do it. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over $8. There is enough public transportation for people to come to the city without their cars. This city is not a parking lot. But it has become one. This city should actually be a bike town, making more way for bicycles and less for cars. What's with those horrible politicians in Albany that always hold everything hostage? They've been around since I moved here, Joe Bruno and Sheldon Silver and so far I have never seen them do anything for me or the city of NY. They are corrupt dinosaurs and they should go. Why do we need their permission to levy a city tax?
While you are at it, Mike, make the cabs smaller and less gas guzzling. Now that you are in Mexico, check out the VW beetle cabs. They are small, energy efficient and they work. Just don't import the penchant some drivers have for carjacking their passengers. I once wrote you a letter about this. It is beyond me why we are using those monstrous cars that take up space and waste gasoline. Maybe all cabs should be hybrid cars. Is anyone talking about this?
By the way, now that I have your attention in my fertile fantasy life. The store that used to be Astor Wines on Astor Place is now going to be a Walgreen's. There is another Walgreen's like three blocks away on 14th and 4Ave. How many freaking pharmacies do we need? When you look around Astor Place, this is what you now see: K Mart, Chase bank, Starbucks, FedEx Kinko's , Barnes &Noble and now Walgreen's. It makes me sick to my stomach.
I like you Mayor Bloomberg, but this city has become a chain store central because of you. That is not a good legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment