Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Absolut(ely) Touchy


Ay, Dios mío! Some gringos are touchy, touchy about this Absolut Vodka ad that ran exclusively in Mexico, but they whined so much about it, Absolut agreed to pull it. Such is the power of the internets.
I don't know what all the hoopla is about. It's not as if it isn't true.
Lighten up, Minutemen!
I don't get it. Gringos are always putting the Stars and Stripes in thongs and do rags and I wouldn't be surprised if they put it in a tampon, but this ad, which was made for Mexican consumption in Mexico, they find tasteless. Go figure.
Just as one offended blogger said he was pouring his bottle of Absolut down the drain in protest, well, the next time I order a vodka tonic, I will make sure it's Absolut.
I bet that the three other Mexicans who drink vodka will agree with my support of the brand.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Great post. I agree. As we say in Mexico ¡Qué hueva me dan los gringos!

    Marlen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree with Marlen's comment above, but I won't argue as I'm marrying her.

    So what exactly is a Jewish Aztec Princess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel Tov to you both!
    I can't agree with Marlen either as I happen to be not only a JAP but a full-blown Mexican American with a gringo passport. I switch nationalities for reasons of convenience (to further offend the likes of Absolut boycotters).
    As for a Jewish Aztec Princess, ces't moi, basically, A Mexican Jew born in Tenochtitlan.
    Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful marriage.

    ReplyDelete