Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not Voting Today

I always vote. I voted in Mexico against the PRI in every single election, even despite the apathy and the cynicism that one-party rule can breed. Since I became an American citizen, I've voted in 2 presidential elections, Democratic primaries, etc. I am a registered Democrat. I didn't know I could register as an independent. I'm regretting it ever since.
But today I am not voting. I am offended at the barrage of junk mail and unsolicited phone calls from the candidates. I am also offended at the lack of real choices. All the candidates are Democrats. Not that I would vote for a Republican, but I don't see the point. Cy Vance even sent a cute canvasser guy to my door. But frankly, I can't be bothered.  I can't see the difference between the district attorneys. I don't know enough about anybody. 
It seems to me that city politics are as boring and tainted here as they are everywhere else. So I decided to trust the older New Yorkers (the only ones who vote) to make the right choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment