Thursday, February 01, 2007

Biden goodbye

There was a time when I thought I liked Joe Biden, but I can't remember why. I think it was because he was funny on Jon Stewart.
Since yesterday, that is not the case any more. Of all the things he could have said about Obama, he really, really fucked it up:

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, who announced his candidacy on Wednesday with the hope that he could ride his foreign policy expertise into contention for the Democratic nomination, instead spent the day struggling to explain his description of Senator Barack Obama, the Illinois Democrat running for president, as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”
And the worst part is he kept trying to spin himself out of the mess, when he should just have said I'm sorry and go hide his head deep in the heart of Africa.

In his conference call, Mr. Biden quoted his mother in trying to explain what he meant about Mr. Obama. “My mother has an expression: Clean as a whistle and sharp as a tack,” Mr. Biden said, showering more praise on one of his biggest opponents for the nomination.

On Comedy Central, he told Mr. Stewart: “What got me in trouble was using the word clean. I should have said fresh. What I meant was he’s got new ideas.”

Yeah, right. And I'm from Missouri. But this is how people think. He just said it out loud. And you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment