Monday, July 28, 2008

I am becoming a crank

I spend my days calling 311 to complain about construction after hours and sending letters to the Community Board and the Mayor's Office (I don't really, but even one every few months is too much).
To wit:

Dear Community Board members:

I am writing to complain about the exaggerated profusion of street fairs happening in our neighborhood and particularly on my block, the corner of XXXX and ZZZZ.
In less than one month there have been at least 3 street fairs in this area. This last Saturday there was one on XXXX St (there had already been one there several weeks ago) and the following day another one on ZZZZ.
This is unacceptable. The fairs are always selling the same mostly useless, charmless trinkets, they fill up the streets with garbage and they create unnecessary traffic jams on weekends. They are obnoxious and do not provide anything culturally rich to the neighborhood. I understand that they may be a source of revenue (and I would love to know what the money goes to) but it has gotten out of hand.
Nobody should have to deal with a street fair on their street more than once a Summer, as it used to be a few years back.
I respectfully suggest that you curb the amount of permits you give for street fairs in our neighborhood. And if you are not the responsible entity, I will appreciate if you can direct me to whoever else I should make this complaint to.

Sincerely,

The Grande Enchilada.

If I could say instead to them: WTF with the freaking street fairs that I loathe with a passion, that suck and reek, I'd feel better, but one must be polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment