Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Go Francis! Go Francis! Go Francis!

Yo Mama, Fukuyama! Way to go, Francis! In this incredibly clear and cogent little manifesto in the NYT, Francis Fukuyama has singlehandedly killed neoconservatism, (of which he was, until recently, a pretty important acolyte).
Regular mortals like you and I can kvetch about Iraq, and Bush and Blibliblublu all we want, but it's good when influential thinkers like Francis come out and express their discontent in public, clearly and emphatically. I mean, if Francis says so...
I felt good reading this piece. It somehow makes one feel vindicated.
I love it when he says:
"Neoconservatism, as both a political symbol and a body of thought, has evolved into something I can no longer support".

See? There's a really smart guy who also doesn't like your stupid, dangerous, irresponsible, destructive policy, and he is one of yours!
Click on the link and enjoy...

2 comments: