Thursday, March 08, 2007

If I were a rich man...

I was thinking what would I do if I won the megamillions like that truck driver from Georgia who won over 100 million dollars.
I would save some, I would give some and I would spend some.
And then I engaged in a wild fantasy: with some of that money I would try to buy the impeachment of Bush and Cheney. Maybe I should put it differently: with that money I would campaign to have these two travesties of power impeached, and relieved of their jobs. And thrown into jail for life, if possible.
I don't know if the money would help, but somebody's got to do it.
Abuse always comes from the top. So to hear that 8 prosecutors were fired from their jobs because of political reasons comes as no surprise.
Bush and Cheney are shitting, defacing, smearing the Constitution everyday, condoning torture, taking away people's rights, holding people hostage illegally, trying to out CIA people who do not toe their evil line, creating civil wars with spurious reasons, mistreating and abusing the very soldiers that are WASTING their lives for nothing in Iraq, why is it any wonder that they think they can do whatever the hell they please?
Because nobody is stopping them. Look at the Enron guys, they got punished for their misdeeds. Why can't we punish Bush and Cheney for theirs?
I have news for you, this is not a democracy anymore. Anybody who thinks we still live in a lawful, democratic country is sorely mistaken.
So I would spend some millions trying to get them out of office. Money buys everything in this country. Why wouldn't it buy impeachment?

No comments:

Post a Comment