The Republicans can bitch about liberal media bias all they want, but the proof is in the facts and yesterday's New York Times presented a pretty damning profile of the political modus operandi of the woman who could be the President of the US. Not a good picture. If anything, her methods are exactly like Dick Cheney's (aka Satan): secrecy, illegality, loyalty above all, cronyism, political impunity.
I never ever do this, but concerned citizen Katya sent me this and I'm posting it here because I too cannot believe the surreal amount of spin the farblondget citizens of the country seem to be willing to swallow from the Republican killing machine. So here goes (additions in caps are mine):
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight:
• If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
EATING? KILLING AND "DRESSING" MOOSE AND CARIBOU ALMOST WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, AND PROUD OF IT.
• If your name is Barack (HUSSEIN OBAMA, WHY NOT?) you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick. LET'S NOT FORGET BRISTOL.
• Graduate from Harvard Law School and you are unstable.
Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
• If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with
over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend almost 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive. AND GIVING TOP PAID STATE JOBS TO ALL YOUR HIGH SCHOOL PALS, WHILE FIRING YOUR ENEMIES WITH PERSONAL VENDETTAS STRAIGHT OUT OF A JERRY SPRINGER SHOW...
AND NOW THEY GIVE YOU CRAMMING SESSIONS BEFORE INTERVIEWS BECAUSE CLEARLY YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT FROM SHINOLA...
• If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured VERY SICK wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
• If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
• If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education BUT SITS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO OFFICIAL ROLE, who didn't register to vote until age 25 AND YOU DID NOT GET A PASSPORT UNTIL LAST YEAR, and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
FOR ONCE, I WISH THE SECESSION OF ALASKA WAS TRUE. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA NOW.
OK, much clearer now.