Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Behave

My dears, I feel so guilty leaving you for so many days without a fresh post, that I don't know what to do with myself. I scan the headlines and to be honest with you I am tired of kvetching and ranting. Couldn't we have one day where everybody in the world behaved themselves? Is that too much to ask? Ahmanedijad or whatever you are called? Bush? Olmert? Now we need to worry about Iran making nuclear biryani out of the western world, the Israelis are not talking to Hamas, Hamas says something abotu declaration of war, Rumsfeld is still in office and the last episode of the Sopranos rather sucked. I am sick of Tomkat, Brangelina, Vaughniston et al. So is everybody else but until we all don't display a collective gag reflex they are going to continue to shove those mutants down our throats ad infinitum.
As for Moses Martin Paltrow. I like the name. I'm glad they didn't call him Grapefruit. Plus, who knows, he could be the next Messiah.
So happy Passover, the feast of freedom, where for eight days there are so many things you can't eat, I've always wondered about how perverse Jews are. Seriously, may this Passover bring to people's consciousness that there are many oppressed people still in the world, all over the five continents. Oppressed by war, poverty, ignorance and injustice. That is what I choose to believe the spirit of Passover is about. Let my people go!
It's also about hoping that Rumsfeld gets all ten plagues in his pinky.
Happy Easter, too.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:39 PM

    I so agree, my big arroz con pollo enchilada; the reason why holidays exist is to give us a big breather from the exhausting everyday ennui--(needless to say it's a big enchilada opportunity for hallmark to make a big buck), but let's not digress.
    Let's just give thanks that someone rose from a grave or a chair or a pilates tower class....it's all in the intention....and that gefilte fish is really only for that one day (or so they tell me)
    I don't like grapefruits--the taste or the idea of a child's namesake for that matter, so really, let's all give a big rounding OHMMMM thanks!!! that it's spring again.

    ReplyDelete