Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Dog Yammerer

That's me. I have some advice for Cesar Milian, The Dog Whisperer. Get rid of the dogs and their owners. Problem solved.
I can't tell you how much I do not give a shit about the psychological problems of dogs and their owners. I've seen Cesar's program like for five minutes, and this is my impression:
He is a closet sadist.
He likes to demean the humans and the dogs (the humans deserve it but that's another story).
He reminds me of how some people in Mexico treat animals -- badly. They take out their passive aggression on animals. And feel superior because they can order a poor languageless creature around.
That is why I am a firm believer that people should leave animals alone.
Yesterday I went by that pet store on 6th Ave and 13th, where they put these immensely adorable puppy orphans in the window. Even my acrid heart melts when I see them. Even I feel I should run into the store and rescue one from its horrible fate. They look depressed and abandoned. It is criminal, in my view, to treat animals like that. People think hitting them or screaming at them or neglecting them is abuse. I think abuse is for humans to think animals are there for them to lord over.
It is cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment