Stuff I could not care less about:
1. The DaVinci Code, either book or movie or Happy Meal.
2. What the Vatican thinks of aforementioned.
3. What Tom Hanks thinks of what the Vatican thinks of aformentioned.
4. Tom Cruise and his life from outer space
5. Brangelina and their impending spawn
6. American Idol
7. Reality Shows
8. Linsday Lohan: Drug Use. Obnoxious parents. Catfights with other hos.
9. Katie Couric's comings and goings.
10. The plagiarist Indian kid.
Actually, I do have an opinion about this. The kid thought she could fool everybody by borrowing freely from other inconsequential novelists. But I blame the greedy publishing industry that creates talent where there is none, just because some girl is cute and ethnic and will look good in the promotional photos. Serves all of them right. Assholes.
Meanwhile, James Frey's infamous book is still number 7 in the paperback bestseller list in the NYT. Crying all the way to the bank...