Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That should make us feel right at ease

Rummy is trying to calm down the fears of many by defending the choice of a military man for the CIA top job. That should come as a huge relief. If Rummy says so, then it must be true, no? Now we can all go back to sleep, the country is in good, safe hands. Phew!
The NYT:
"Good soldiers are trained to follow their orders, and General Hayden is a good soldier," said Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate. "I am concerned that General Hayden may not be able to provide the president with the independent voice he needs at the C.I.A."
Well, who cares, now that absolute power is consolidated with a bunch of yes men who have their sticky fingers in everything. Yet I see a bit of a silver lining in the appointment of Hayden, who looks exactly like the guy who plays the dad in That 70's Show.
I never thought I would hear me say this, but maybe Hayden could engineer a coup d'etat with the seven disgruntled retired generals and get those incompetent, dangerous bozos out of office and then restore democracy in this great nation.
One can dream.

ps: Yesterday Jon Stewart showed that Bush used the exact same words to describe the ousted Porter Goss when he nominated him, as he used for his new boy Hayden. What a pathetic loser this President. I can't stand it anymore. I don't know how you can.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    you have some interesting comments....a Brit in Jax FL....

    ReplyDelete