Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spic and Span

Have you noticed that lately I am watching too much TV? I also gave in and bought a pint of Haagen Dazs light S'mores ice cream. I am going to the dogs. Because of the mouse.
But I digress.
Many years ago, I shot a commercial in LA that required excellent comedic actresses who spoke Spanish. We got a bunch of great people, including Lupe Ontiveros, who is relatively famous and has been in movies like the overrated As Good As It Gets, with Jack Nicholson. She told me that the only role available for Latina actresses that are not young and fetching is the role of maid. If you are younger you may also be considered for the role of whore. I thought she was exaggerating.
One of the actresses we hired, a hilarious woman, told me the same thing. Always up for the role of maid. This was about 7 years ago, if not more. Well, Monday I'm watching the season premiere of Weeds and who do I see in the role of a Mexican maid, driving her patrona's car without a license? Her.
Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment