Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Don't talk with your mouth full...

...of shit. I was dissappointed that POTUS only used the word shit. From the shitstorm that was unleashed in the media, you'd have thunk he expleted like a bonafide gangsta rapper.
"Shit", I believe, is relatively mild, and proper under the circumstances.
What cannot be countenanced is:
1) Talking with your mouth full.
2) Not knowing how to use the word "irony".
Of course, it had to be savvy Tony Blair who turned off the microphone. You can't leave Bush alone for 2 seconds. He really is like a toddler bully.

I know people may expect me to comment on Israel and the Middle East. This is what I have to say:
I'm sick and tired of it all. I'm sick and tired of Hezbollah, and Hamas and the Iranians and the Syrians and the Arabs, and just so you know, I'm also sick and tired of the Jews who think Israel can do no wrong.
Israel is right to pound whoever attacks them first, and if you must know, I hope they crush them to a fine dust, but that is not the point. The point is that peace needs to be brokered and respected so that one day, somewhere in the very distant future, the entire world can finally breathe. As long as there is no solution for the Palestinians this is never going to end. Even when there is a solution for the Palestinians, countries like Iran and Syria and our trusted friends the Saudis, will continue supporting and encouraging hateful radical Islamic groups because it is in their best interests to work against peace with Israel. However, there needs to be a start somewhere.
It is impossible to offer simple alternatives. The Middle East is cursed by history. If I was Israel, I would relocate to Hawaii, or some previously uninhabited island where only the sharks in the sea could hate me. Maybe then the hostilities would stop. And the piña coladas would flow like milk and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment