Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yogeeew

I don't do Yoga anymore because thanks to trying to turn myself into a human pretzel, with the aiding and abetting of mostly insufferable, mediocre gym teachers who never cared to correct one's posture, I now suffer from lower back pain. But from day one, I took one look at the communal yoga mats and I knew there was no way that I was going to firmly plant my downward dogness in such disgusting, previously profusely sweated on surfaces. Using a public yoga mat is like putting your bare feet into the sneakers of a homeless person, okay? So I bought my own little yoga mat. This act of self-preservation required half a neuron. Far less than it took me to figure out that Yoga class was killing my back.
I can't for the life of me understand people who use those things. The same goes for those people who walk around public showers, saunas, steambaths and locker rooms without flipflops. They are begging for a nasty-ass invasion of the soles of their feet and provoking a mass epidemic of feet fungi and other infections. This article in the NYT is the most e-mailed today. Apparently, the biggest news since there is no peace in the Middle East. Is it because everybody has a mysterious rash down by their toes and they've suddenly found out why?

No comments:

Post a Comment